"BACK-TO-SCHOOL" DAY CAMP 100% ENGLISH
Madrid - Chamartin - Plaza de Castilla - Tetuán
Would you like your children to refresh their English before returning to school?
This September "Kids English Club ®" & IberEnglish present the "BACK-TO-SCHOOL" DAY CAMP 100% ENGLISH. Following our innovative program of Hands On English in the Chamartin district in Madrid with two and a half weeks from August 31 - September 16, for children ages 5-13, the children will practice and improve their English naturally as they play, interact and have fun in very safe environments. A special emphasis will be placed on social studies and science activities to refresh and reinforce your children's knowledge and language skills in these areas.
- Dates: From August 31 to September 16
- Place: Calle Amalia 9- 28020 Madrid
- Hours: Monday to Friday 9 to 2
- Extended hours: 8:30 to 9 and 2 to 3:00 (3.30) pm
- Price per day: From 31,20 €
Our camp counselors are native English-speaking professionals who spend the school year teaching in bilingual and English schools with ample experience working with young children. All have university degrees and some have graduate studies in education, psychology or similar.
The counselors working in our in-person camp have received extensive training on all hygiene protocols and exceptional safety measures required in light of COVID-19.
The in-person camp participants will be organized into small groups of up to 6 children with a counselor according to ability and age. While the focus is on having the children communicate exclusively in English, the counselors are able to work with all levels of English ability.
All of our in-person camp activities are carried out with the strictest of social distancing and hygiene protocols implemented.
Through our Hands On English program, camp participants will use their knowledge of English in mini-workshops to explore science through simple experiments and projects, develop their creative skills through our interesting and unique arts and crafts activities, engage in interactive games, enjoy fresh air in our spacious back patio, build their storytelling and writing skills productions as well as and participate in creative physical expression through theater, singing, dancing and yoga.
All of these activities are centered around a daily and weekly theme creating an excellent opportunity for the children to strengthen their English expression in many areas in very creative ways. The underlying objectives are to reinforce the vocabulary and use of English according to the educational standards for bilingual and multilingual children.
SAMPLE PROJECT: Newton’s Cradle
- 08:00-09:00 ARRIVAL
- 09:00-09:30 Opening
- 09:30-10:00 Creative Challenges
- 10:00-10:50 Outdoor patio
- 10:50-11:00 Sanitizing
- 11:00-11:30 MORNING SNACK
- 11:30-11:40 Sanitizing
- 11:45-12:45 Daily Project / Exploring Science
- 12:45-13:30 Story and Theater
- 13:30-13:40 Sanitizing
- 13:40-14:40 Lunch
- 14:00 REGULAR PICK UP
- 13:40-15:00 Movies / games
- 15:00 LATE PICK UP
At midmorning, our participants will be served a snack consisting of juice / milk, fresh fruit and bakery products such as croissants, brioche or cookies, paying personalized attention to any allergies and food intolerances of each child. To ensure all health and hygiene protocols are met, all food will be prepackaged.
All children staying for lunch must bring a packed lunch each day marked with their name. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will be unable to provide microwave services. Therefore, all packed lunches should come ready-to-eat. Simple things such as a sandwich, pasta or rice salads, chips, fruit, yogurt will give them enough energy to get through the afternoon. See these ideas
We know that you, like us, are concerned about security, especially during these uncertain times of viral infections. We have gone to great lengths to ensure that your child will be safe following our established protocol and measures while they are attending our camp:
- All staff have been trained in hygiene protocol for COVID-19
- Staff will wear facial protection at all times including a mask and / or transparent visor.
- Social distancing will be reinforced maintained at all times
- Children will be provided with their own “supply kit” which will not be shared with other children. This kit will include all the supplies they will need to carry out the different activities. The kit will be stored in a designated location and be placed on their table every morning at the start of camp.
- Children will be made aware of the importance of social distancing and handwashing.
- Children will be required to wear a mask at all times
- Each child will have their own individual table, appropriately distanced from the other children.
- Temperatures of children and parents will be taken each morning before admitting the child. If the child has a fever, they will not be able to stay and participate in that day’s activities.
- Hands and soles of shoes will be sanitized each morning before entering the premise.
- All surfaces will be disinfected once an hour. The bathrooms will be disinfected after each use.
- Staff uniforms (t-shirts) will be laundered daily
- Classrooms are equipped with air purification and ionizing systems
- Full site will be disinfected twice a day
This year’s in-person camp in July, August and September takes place at our facility on c/Amalia 9, where the children will have fun in a completely safe place. The outdoor activities will take place on the spacious, enclosed patio outfitted with artificial grass, garden furniture and umbrellas and other shade producing cover. If you wish to visit the facility, please call to schedule a time.
En esta actividad se da pleno cumplimiento a la Orden SND/414/2020, de 16 de mayo, para la flexibilización de determinadas restricciones de ámbito nacional establecidas tras la declaración del estado de alarma en aplicación de la fase 2 del Plan para la transición hacia una nueva normalidad, especialmente en sus artículos 50, 13 y 11 relativos a las medidas sanitarias, de higiene, distancias de seguridad, uso de geles y mascarillas en Academias.
[sp_testimonial id="18907" ]